Friday, May 3, 2024

Fiber Arts Friday: Football er Sport Socks, Round 3 - More Rainbow Trout

Continuing with my Rainbow Trout Socks and the Jaywalker Pattern...

At the end of February, in Part 2, I was just about half complete with this pair of socks.

The legs were finished, I had prepared to make an Afterthought Heel, and was a short way into the feet.

I have continued to work on these while "watching" sports and politics, when I also have the fitness of mind to not mess them up.  ;-)

Last week, I finally got to the point of having both feet completed

and then embarked upon working the Toe Decreases.

It was here that I moved form a 9-inch circular needled to 4 double-pointed and then got a true feel for how wide the feet are.

Disappointed is an understatement.

I went with the larger sock size because the written pattern warned that the chevron pattern does not have a lot of give.

The leg portion is just about right for me.... but the sole of the foot is in stockinette, which has a lot of stretch, comparatively.  So the foot it way too wide for my foot..... and the leg is way too small for Hubba's leg.  So this will be frogged.  :-(

I'm so disappointed.  But, at this point, I don't see a path forward with the current situation.

AND I have another reminder for why I prefer to work socks, Toe-up.  sigh.

Fiber Arts Friday, but not so happy.

No comments: