Friday, October 6, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Modified Sandbank, part 3

As I mentioned in my plan last time,  the first thing I did was move this project to two 60-inch circular needles.

The first needle was a bit grabby with the yarn, so I wiped down the second prior to using it and both are running smoothly, after the first couple of rounds.

I finally finished the first skein about 3/4 into the 5th Repeat.

It is interesting that Repeat #5 used the same weight of yarn as Repeat #4 (14g each).  I can only assume that one of my weights was not measured accurately, since I have a habit of using my scale where ever I happen to be.  I'm curious to see what happens in Repeat #6.

In thinking about it further, I suspect that the finish weight for Round #3 was incorrect, which means the delta that gave me 27% increase was also incorrect.  This is a good reminder that each and every step matters when it comes to an accurate predictive analysis.

Finally more than a month later, and earlier this week, I finished Repeat #6.  The yarn used was 21% more than Repeat #5 and I'm still in Skein #2.

The wrap is starting to show it's Kidney Bean shape, and is still on a pair of 60-inch needles.

If the 21% increase in yarn per Repeat continues, then I should be able to get 11 total repeats out of the yarn I have.

I am continuing to work on this project primarily during the mornings.  Each Round is now taking more than 2 hours over several days, and each Repeat has 13 Rounds.  Which means that my forecasted end date is continuing to move out.  ;-)  Currently I'm hoping to be complete in early March 2024.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: