Friday, November 11, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Black Hat, part 2

Per my plan last time, I attempted to add an After-the-Fact Life Line on my Black Hat.

Given the color saturation and lack of stich definition I mentioned, coupled with my getting-older eyes, this was not going well... I did go further than this picture shows, but you can see how difficult it is to see what's what. sigh.

So I decided to switch yarns and start over.  After all... if I'm not enjoying making it, what sort of energy am I working into the object?

The new yarn is still black, but kettle-dyed with blue, which is very apparent in the above photo.  This yarn is a 4-ply, so it has excellent stich definition and better bounce.


I did some more TINKing... :-/  But I am now caught up to where I decided to change yarns.

I have missed my goal of getting this hat finished before the snow flies at the recipient's home.... they got about 6.5" last week, when we got about 1".

I have on the order of 10 hours of work remaining, and a busy couple of weeks ahead.  So I continue to move forward... and it will be finished when it's finished.  :-)


This new yarn was acquired at Yarn Fest earlier this year.  It is small-batch dyed by Teton Yarn Company.  The colorway is Black Magic.  The fiber is 100% Superwashed Merino.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: