Friday, May 20, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Interweave Yarn Fest

Toward the end of April, after our former place had sold, I actually had a quiet and restful weekend available..

Saturday was extremely windy, so my plans for outdoor activities were postponed and I took the opportunity to visit Interweave Yarn Fest.

Typically, this show has far more crazy-dyed yarn than I prefer.  But I am usually able to find a couple of vendors that are more up my alley.

Notable was that Eugene Textile Center had Silk Hankies, Noil, Cocoons, and the like...  I've been wanting to try silk in forms other than roving for quite some time... so I brought home some Hankies and De-gummed Cocoons.... all three are undyed.

I found a small amount of Kettle Dyed Yarn from Teton Yarn Company in Idaho.  I love the depth of color with kettle-dyed yarns.  There is some variation which makes it interesting, but not the overt crazyness that a lot of other people clearly love.

Then, on my way out, I noticed The Mendocino Wool and Fiber Company, who I learned about in reading Raw Material a couple of years ago.

They have breed-specific yarns and rovings, primarily in natural colors.  Their fibers are all grown local to them.  I was so excited to meet her, that I nearly gave her hug.

So... as usual, my trip to a Fiber Festival was worth it.  :-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Nice choices! Can't wait to go to SAFF this fall.