Friday, May 13, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Colorado Weavers' Day, 2022

Colorado Weavers' Day is an every-other-year conference.  It is typically held the first weekend of May, and was founded in 2008.  I learned about it a few years ago, and this was the first time I was able to attend.

Last week, it was hosted by the Handweaver's Guild of Boulder.  The next event, in 2024, will be hosted by the Rocky Mountain Weaver's Guild.

There were four primary speakers, all very good.  As well as breakout sessions and introductions from each of the Guilds in Colorado.

It was quite interesting to learn more about the Guilds.  Some have as few as four members, where others are as large as a few hundred.  All are active in a variety of ways.

I'm thankful that this year was set up to be a virtual event.  As such, attendees came from as far away as Hawaii, Philadelphia, Ontario Canada, and England.

It was quite special for me to be able to spend an entire day dedicated to weaving.... listening to and talking with weavers: specifically about the other things that surround weaving, not just the weaving itself.  It was truly a wonderful event... and now that we're starting to feel settled in our new place, I've started to plan my next weaving project.  I am feeling quite happy.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: