Tuesday, July 27, 2021

In the Garden: Cherry Tree

Hubba and I planted this Montmorency Cherry Tree soon after we moved into our current house.

We've gotten a small harvest here and there, but usually the Robins devour the fruit right before it ripens.


This year, we have a pair of Crows hanging around and we do not have Robins nesting on the house.  I'm not sure if these are correlated, but it seems to be.

As such, my tree is was able to fill of ripe fruit, so we took advantage and made a pie.


Since my books are packed for the move, I used this recipe.


Then we collected and froze a few batches and shared the bounty with our neighbors.

We intend to plant a larger cherry (hopefully Rainier, because they are my favorite to eat) at the new place, once we're settled.... but this pie was so good, we may end up with a few varieties. ;-)

I hope you're having a glorious summer!

No comments: