Friday, September 25, 2020

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece 2020, part 11

Day 21 - Friday, September 18

Chiengora - Tibetan Mastiff: 35 Minutes

With finishing the 3rd Single on Thursday, I began plying my yarn today.  There are 222g in the three singles.



SE2SE Hog Island: 15 Minutes



Day 22 - Saturday, September 19

Chiengora - Tibetan Mastiff: 76 Minutes

My bobbin is full, Full, FULL... with 81g of singles still to ply.



Day 23 - Sunday, September 20

Chiengora - Tibetan Mastiff: 65 Minutes

I skeined the full bobbin from yesterday and finished plying the remaining Tibetan Mastiff.  All but 7 grams made it into the final yarn... this makes me happy with my batt division prior to the start of this Tour.


SE2SE Hog Island: 17 Minutes

I did not expect to finish the Hog Island during this Tour, but I did make some progress, bringing the remaining roving from 44 to 25 grams.


Weekly Time: 208 mins
Total Time:  4:42 + 7:03 + 5:26 + 3:28 = 20hrs 39mins

Epiloge

Carrying on a bit from Part One, my Podcast backlog has improved as follows:
  • Wise Traditions by the Westin A Price Foundation - I finished Part One of this Tour with a 1 year and 6.5 month backlog.  I began Part Two with a 7.5 month backlog and finished with a 4 month backlog.... equating to an improvement of another 3.5 months.
  • Professional Weaver -  I finished Part One with a 3 episode backlog.  I began Part Two with a 2 episode backlog, listened to a few episodes, and finished with a 2 episode backlog... so I'm holding steady on this one.
I took two rest days.

I spun 19 Batts in 18 days of spinning (20 days minus 2 Rest Days) which means that I met my goal of averaging 1 Batt per day.


I finished the Tibetan Mastiff 3-ply yarn.  It is not a sock yarn, but I think I have a new plan for it.

2 skeins
229 yards of finished 3-ply yarn
7 7/8 oz (223g) spun

I'll give it a bath later and get a final wpi measurement, but I believe this is close to a Sport or DK weight.

It's clear that if I don't plan to spend a certain amount of time, it's harder to work spinning in every day.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: