Thursday, July 16, 2020

Garden 2020, part 11

Since my last post, our harvests have continued to trickle in.

We've eaten the garlic, shallots, and remaining onions.  I definitely want to plant more of these next year.

We're still getting rainbow chard and I'm letting the spinach go to seed.


The winter squash have started to flower(!) ...


... and spread out.


The corn and tomatoes continue to hang on and give me hope.



My tiny herb garden is doing well.


I extremely happy with this variety of Basil, and plan to grow more next time.


With the exception of the herbs, everything I've been able to harvest was grown from directly-sowed seed.  None of the indoor starts survived transplanting.  :-/

We have about 3 months until our first freeze.  So while it's quite hot right now, I'm starting to think about planting cooler-season/fall veggies.  Not sure if/what I'll do yet.

I hope your garden adventures have gone better than mine this summer.  :-)

No comments: