Sunday, April 19, 2020

Garden 2020, part 4

We got a significant amount of snow over the last week.


While it is melting very quickly, it will be at least a week before the garden will be dry enough to sow more seeds.


So I decided to start two varieties of corn.  I wanted to plant more corn this year, but I'm running out of suitable, indoor, space for water-tight containers.


In the category of exciting news, my first round of late-season starts have begun to spout.  As of this morning, I have tomatoes, melons, acorn squash, pie pumpkin, and borage poking out of the soil.


In the category of less exciting news, I was laid off from my day job last week.  Thankfully, Hubba and his hunting friends have been keeping our freezers full of game.  I am also grateful to our local friends for helping us stock our freezers with quality farm-raised meats, and for the bit of canning and other freezing I have been able to do each year.  So while we are not fully self-sustainable, we have made huge progress over the years.

I hope you all are staying happy and healthy!

No comments: