Friday, July 5, 2019

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece 2019

As we approach mid-May, I start thinking about the Tour de Fleece...
  • What are my goals?
  • What does my schedule look like?
  • What do I think I can accomplish?
  • What do I need to prepare before the Tour starts?
Then as we approach late-June, I've settled on what I'm likely to accomplish and may still have a stretch goal.

Back Row: Karakul, Lincoln, CVM
Middle Row: Jacob, Gulf Coast
Front Row: Tunis, Shetland, Santa Cruz

I am spinning rare breed wools as part of the Shave 'Em to Save "Em (SE2SE) Initiative and have a good sized backlog.  So I was hoping that I could focus on completing 3 breeds.... one for each week.  But I'm going to be traveling for most of the tour, so this much will not happen.

My Chiengora Group is planning a team... and I love my Tibetan Mastiff Yarn so much, that I want to make a hat for myself.


The Shave 'Em to Save 'Em group is also planning a team.


So I will be spindling Tibetan Mastiff for the Chiengora Team while I am on the road and spinning Black Welsh Mountain Wool for the SE2SE team when I am at home.
First and foremost (because I usually forget) my empty spindle weighs 1 oz.


I have 5 1/8 oz of prepared Tibetan Mastiff ready to go.


I have also already completed 3 3/8 oz of Black Welsh Mountain Wool,


leaving 1 7/8 oz to complete during this Tour.


Tour Guidelines:
  • Spin every day the Tour rides:  Saturday, July 6 through Sunday, July 28
  • Days of Rest:  Tuesday, July 16 and Monday, July 22
  • Challenge Days:  Wednesday, July 12 and Wednesday, July 25
My Goals:
  • Spin every day the Tour rides for at least 15 minutes
  • Make progress on both projects
  • No challenges are planned
The Tour starts tomorrow!!

Happy Fiber Arts Friday, and Happy Tour de France and Fleece!

No comments: