Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Garden Planning, 2019

I should be able to start working my garden in early-to-mid-March, so now is a good time to start thinking about what to plant.

I used all of my left-over seed the last time I had a garden.  So on a cold and windy New Year's Eve, I went to a few of my favorite online sources for organic seeds and started a list of what I'd like to plant.  I also found this great article comparing organic seed companies at Mother Earth News.


After putting together my wish list, I pared it down.  While my current garden is significantly larger than my previous, it is not as large as I like to think it is... and I've chosen a few varieties that need a lot of space such as melon, pumpkin, butternut squash, and potatoes.

My ultimate goal is to grow the majority of our vegetables, but the truth is until we have a green house it's not likely to happen.  So for now, my goal is to grow some of the vegetables we eat most often.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I dont know how you do it. Full time job, farm, dogs, dog training, dog shows, alpaca. I cant even keep my landscaping weeded, let alone a grow a garden! Must be the help of an awesome husband ❤

Ruth said...

I just spent WAY to much money on seeds again. Seed catalogs are evil...... We'll be trying a few more new varieties of pepper this year, and some new melons. Plus a ton of tomatoes again.