After I settled on a stitch pattern I began to cast on...
A little over half of my intended stitches were crammed on 29-inch US6 circular needles. I definitely needed longer needles for this project.
It took me a few days to get it done, but I found a 60-inch pair of US6 circular needles at one of my local yarn shops. whew.
620 stitches cast on. :-)
... and because I made a mistake about half-way thru the first row, but didn't realize until about half-way thru the second row, I ripped it out and cast on again.
530 stitches this time. I think this will be closer to my intended final length after blocking anyway. :-)
Happy Fiber Arts Friday. :-)