Friday, July 26, 2024

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece, 2024 - part 5

**Week 4**

With the last week and last three days of the Mens' Tour de Fleece, I am focusing on finishing my Tibetan Mastiff yarn, which will be a 2-ply.

I am aiming to complete Paco-Vicuna single by the end of the Tour and then ply it later.


Friday, July 19

TM: Ramen:  15 minutes 

I began plying the Tibetan Mastiff this morning.  I combined it with a cake I had completed prior to this Tour beginning.

The single spun during this Tour weighs 2 oz and the prior weights ~3/8 oz.

  


Saturday, July 20

TM: Ramen: 48 minutes


Alpaca-ish: Switzer-Land Paco-Vicuna:  23 minutes

I forgot to take a photo.

 

Sunday, July 21

TM: Ramen: 38 minutes

I completed plying the Tibetan Mastiff today.  Will wind off, measure, and wash later.


Alpaca-ish: Switzer-Land Paco-Vicuna:  20 minutes

I have completed the first ball, 1/2 ounce.


**Hommes Race, Wrap-up

Weekly Status:

Duration:  

  • + TM:             6 hrs 24 mins + 1 hr 41 mins = 8 hrs 5 mins
  • + Alpaca-ish:  8 hrs 52 mins + 43 mins = 9 hrs 35 mins
  • = Total:           15 hrs 16 mins + 2 hrs 24 mins = 16 hrs 40 mins

Net Days Spun:  -2 +0 = -2

Finished Skeins:  1 + 1 = 2

Given the other things going on in our world right now, I am both happy and disappointed in my progress for this Tour.

I wanted to accomplish more and I still accomplished two finished skeins and a single half-complete for a third skein.

Spinning felt more like a chore than an enjoyable activity, yet it was still calming for my mind.

Both of these skeins are now entered into our County Fair.  I'm not sure that either are Blue Ribbon Skeins, but possibly 2nd or 3rd place.  TM on the left and Alpaca+Bamboo on the right.


I am looking forward to just spinning a little here and there... and am planning (hoping?) to be back with daily spinning progress for the Tour de Fleece, Femme after the Olympics.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: