Friday, July 19, 2019

Fiber Arts Friday: Watchman Hat

Hubba wants a Watchman-style Hat.

Orange and Red are his favorites, so we settled on a striped motif from yarn found in my stash.


The orange is Fingering and the red is DK, so I am knitting with the orange held double, on US3 needles which is making a very dense fabric.

I like how it's going.  It's time to change colors at about the time I'm bored with the current color.

Since I'm doubling the orange, I don't have enough yardage to finish the hat, in the way that he wants me to.  Both yarns are discontinued... and I don't have another appropriate yarn in my stash.  :-/

What is it about stash-busting projects that cause me to buy more yarn? sigh

Anyway, I haven't found any of the same yarns listed as for sale or trade on Ravelry.
So that leaves two options:
  • look for something similar but not the same
  • or look for something contrasting to finish out the top of the hat.
Neither of which are feeling good.  double sigh

But then I realized there is a third option.... find the orange yarn in the red yarn's weight..... and I did!  In the same lot!!  Listed as For Sale or Trade!!!  :-)

Ravelry is simply the best and most useful platform.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I LOVE Ravelry for this exact reason.