Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teachers

Today is National Teacher Day.

As a product of public schools and state colleges, I would like to say that most of my teachers were great and a few made a huge difference.

I've had an amazing career and life so far. A big part is due to all of the teachers, professional and otherwise who spent time coaching and helping me understand "why." They probably don't really know how big of a difference they made.

For my teacher friends and family, you may not really know how much I admire you. You do an amazing job and our future is in your hands. For that, I am grateful.

3 comments:

The Knitty Gritty Homestead said...

Why, thank you! I teach in Ontario. The year that I graduated from teacher's college was important in that it was when the government of the time was undermining teachers. Media conveyed teachers as money-grabbing and lazy. We've been trying to recover ever since. I can remember a few teachers who weren't amazing, but most WERE. I always say that if I hated my job, they'd have to pay me a lot more to spend all day with 4 and 5 year olds! As it stands, I think I have the best job in the world...we grow seeds, sing songs, share, play, hold baby chicks, and learn...fun times!

Kathryn Ray said...

Well, it's true. I think being a teacher is one of the most noble things a person can do.

I love your blog. :-)

Bubs'n Bubs said...

Thank you for your dear thoughts. Some say that teaching is like a farmer who plants a seed and won't know if or when it will grow. Most of the time, we don't know what exactly it will grow into. But teachers have to be optimistic, that without much return, our investments are great, and we can sleep at night knowing that we have done our best to send good people into a crazy world. The best part is working with these great people-in-progress, the hard part is they grow up and graduate. Thanks for the thanks. You're pretty great yourself!