Monday, April 6, 2009

Don't call me, I'll call you

Today I received two robo-calls from the same number. Both calls were my "second and final notice" regarding the upcoming expiration of something I don't have. Both calls were the same script but with different voices.

I received the same "second and final notice" about a month ago.

So, that's three "second and final notices" and zero "first notices" for something I don't have or want.

These recorded voices did not identify themselves or their company. They asked me to press 2 to be removed from the list before they asked me to press 1 to speak to an agent.

In all three cases, a recorded voice called me. This person/company is not interested in wasting their own time when their wasting mine.

Why would I do business with a company like that?

How about option #3? Don't call me and go buy any of Seth Godin's books. I recommend starting with Permission Marketing.

2 comments:

Zena Suri Alpacas said...

Hi, I'm into alpacas too--and I've had three of these calls in the last two days, both on my cell phone where I don't have unlimited minutes. Probably not related...

Btw, I have seven suris and am envious that you know how to shear.

Joe Rodriguez said...

Let me guess. Was your warranty about to expire? I've actually pressed pption #1 and spoke to an agent. When I told the agent I didn't have any such warranty they then used option #3 on me. They hung up.