Friday, June 14, 2024

Fiber Arts Friday: Rainbow Trout Circles the Square, part 2

After getting the cast-on complete last time, I wanted to get these socks set up for Dog Show Knitting... which included moving from the 9-inch circulars on to dpns.

I have not done a complete sock on dpns before... and it's been a very long time since I've done a large portion of any project on dpns.  But my longer circulars are still packed away due to the studio repair, so I decided to give it a try.  :-)

The first was a local show.  The Trail Ridge Kennel Club Dog Show was held at a nearby park with plenty of shade.  So we stalled in the car.


The second includes a road trip to Michigan for the UKC Premier Dog Show.

So since I only have one set of dpns and I wanted to make sure both socks were ready to go, I used both 9-inch circulars on the second sock.

So I have one sock on 4-dpns and the other on 2 9-inch circulars.  It will be interesting to see if these socks turn out differently.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: