Friday, May 26, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Minty Mitts, part 2

Since last time...I have been working on this project more than I expected to.... it's a simple pattern with an easy to remember repeat...

On April 11, I separated out the thumb and began working on the palm/hand.... I decided to start this earlier since the mitt was already wide-enough and I thought that any wider would be too loose.  Also the Twisted Rib pattern is more stretchy than stockinette and I would prefer to have a snuggly-fitting mitt.

As of April 13, I have a life-line prior to the Slightly Stretchy Bind-off to aid in measuring the second Mitt, bound-off the palm of Mitt #1 and have cast on Mitt #2.

So far, I think I can get both Mitts made from one skein.  There should be 1-2 grams left.

*fingers crossed*


Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!!

No comments: