Friday, July 1, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece 2022, part 1

This is going to be an unusual Tour de Fleece for me this year.... 

I have a significant commitment during the Tour, so I don't expect to be able to spin or post regularly.  Also all of my yarns are already in work, so measuring progress has to be based on the starting bobbin+yarn weight.

As usual, the Tour de Fleece runs parallel to the Tour de France (men's race, July 1-24).  

This year there is also a Tour de France, Femme, immediately following the men's race (July 24-31).  I am not aware if there will be a Spin-along, but I intend to continue spinning in support of the women.  So my wrap-up will be after the Women's race concludes.

On my Clemes&Clemes Modern Wheel, I have Tibetan Mastiff - Ramen., 143 g (bobbin+yarn)

On my Louet S10 DT, I have Dorset Horn for SE2SE, 233 g (bobbin+yarn)

On my Ledbetter Drop Spindle, I have Cashmere, 24 g (spindle+yarn)

My goal for 2022 is to spin 15 minutes per day.  My hope is more, but my reality is what it is.

The 2022 Tour de Fleece begins Today!  I invite you to find a team you like and play along.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

1 comment:

Linda said...

15 minutes a day sounds like a goal for me too. I can do that. And my back will thank me for it.