Friday, June 11, 2021

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece 2021, part 1

It's nearly Tour de Fleece time again.

As usual, the Tour de Fleece runs parallel to the Tour de France, June 26 - July 18, 2021.

With moving house/farm and preparing for the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, my spinning has taken a slight back seat.... so much that only now have I decided on my plans for this year.

As usual, I have joined the Chiengora Team and my goal is very simply to spin chiengora each day the Tour rides.  I have no time, length, other quantity, or achievement goals this year.

I am offering a Last A** Across the Pass award for the last place spinner in our Chiengora Group.

Currently I have Hog Island for SE2SE on the go as well as some Tibetan Mastiff (Ramen) intended for a knit cardigan.  I will wind-off the current TM single prior to the start of the TdF, so I am beginning with a blank slate.

If you enjoy spinning, are interested in improving your skills, or just gaining basic skills, please consider joining us or another team for the Tour de Fleece.  Teams are listed under Wildcard Signup.  There are teams covering many different interests, languages, and locations.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

No comments: