Friday, August 18, 2017

Fiber Arts Friday: Results

I finished my shawl on Monday.  Dropped it off at the fair on Tuesday.  Judging was Wednesday.  The fair opened on Friday evening.  We went on Saturday evening.  :-)


There are two options for entering knitted items in our county fair.... Spinning and Weaving and Needlework.  I opted for Spinning and Weaving for two reasons:

  1. I wasn't certain how big my finished shawl would be at the time of entry, so I wasn't sure which class to enter.
  2. I was using hand-spun yarn.

The competition in the Spinning and Weaving department was exceptional and I am humbled to have been awarded Reserve in the Non-Woven class.


Now to prepare this piece for it's ultimate destination, The Rocky Mountain Raptor Program, and to start thinking about next year's entries.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

1 comment:

MarmePurl said...

Wonderful! Job well done.