Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Creativity

I ended up on Forbes.com looking for something else today and found this gem.

Everyone is creative, but be we are only as creative as we allow ourselves to be.
- Martellus Bennett

I didn't realize that Forbes.com had a quote of the day and certainly don't think of Forbes as an authority on creativity.

The reality is... or at least my reality has been: humans are creative beings and many companies work to stifle that creativity.  Whether it's on purpose, a result of corporate culture, or the fear that others won't appreciate our ideas, we absolutely limit ourselves and each other.

Few situations in my past have afforded the opportunity to truly be creative as well as foster or enable creativity as part of my day job.  I am in such a role now and feel exceptionally grateful.

This was an important quote for me to read today and something I need to keep in the forefront of my mind.

No comments: