Friday, January 24, 2014

Fiber Arts Friday: Alpaca Cape, part 2

Given my Day Job workload, I haven't had the capacity for much more than knit stitch... and sometimes, only the energy for one row at a time.  So I've been ignoring my other projects and giving my Alpaca Cape a little attention recently.


After spending an intense day on the computer and phone, it's really nice to pick up yarn and needles.  It reminds me of why I'm doing the things I'm doing.


Since I'm not able to operate the farm full-time (yet) and the farm does not support itself (yet), being able to spend just 10 minutes working with luxurious alpaca yarn is a truly grounding experience.


I have just started ball #4 of 10 and have a few rows to go before I begin the cabling.  I suspect it will cover most of the guest-bed before I'm finished.  ;-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

7 comments:

Julie said...

You are invited to share this with Show Your Stuff:
http://www.treasuresmadefromyarn.com/2014/01/show-your-stuff_23.html

Vivian said...

I guess being able to work on the farm full time and the farm being able to support itself would go hand in hand. Hope the day will be here soon!

Unknown said...

It will be gorgeous when done""

...:M e d h a:... said...

Looks lovely already, I love the color. There's nothing like alpaca to snuggle into in cold weather!

WonderWhyGal said...

Playing with fiber when I can't get out to the barn (thankful for those bears who get the chores done) always reminds me why we have those critters.

Love your progress.s

Voie de Vie said...

The alpacas and the shawl are looking good! Alpacas are just so expressive. :)

Natalie said...

I hear you! I was working on a knit tie for about a month because I can turn my brain off after a day at work (it's fiscal year-end time for me) while working on it...at the same time, working with wool is like therapy at the end of the day.