Friday, August 30, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday: Wingspan, part 12

12 parts!

This shawl has taken me forever.... that is, if 15 months counts as forever.  ;-)  I started it on May 27, 2012. I love that Ravelry tracks that information. :-)

I thought it was finished on New Year's Eve, but I didn't love it.  Then I ripped some of it back, reversed the yarn, added a few more wedges and now I believe it is finished again.


I certainly won't be adding any more yarn to it.  I don't have enough to make anymore wedges... and as a hand painted yarn that is at least a couple of years old, the odds of finding any more in this colorway and from the same lot are pretty slim.  Good thing it grew during blocking...  :-)


I mean, it really grew...


It only took about 30 minutes to dry in hot sun and I think it turned out pretty great. :-)


Now to go see about picking up one of the other old and languishing projects.  ;-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

9 comments:

Vivian said...

But you did finish and you are happy with it, that's all it matters. Now it's perfectly in time for the fall.

MarmePurl said...

Really pretty Kathryn. You will no doubt wear it well.

Jocelyn said...

Way to perservere and get what you really want! I once ripped part of a finished (and worn twice) sweater and reknit it because I didn't love it when I wore it.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Yeah! It looks great!

WonderWhyGal said...

ooooh, it's beautiful! I love the photos you took of it too. I hope it get's like of wear and enjoyment.

Melissa said...

Wow...it's beautiful! Great job at hanging in there and finishing it.

Cathy Johnson said...

It's a beautiful piece, the blocking really made a difference. Glad to hear you're happy with it.

Kathryn Ray said...

Thanks all. I am thrilled with how this turned out... and you are right Cathy, blocking is magic.

AllyB said...

It is beautiful. A perfect Fall color.