I mentioned the beginnings of my Challah socks in December... Can it really have been that long ago?
I was knitting along and feeling pretty confident when I realized I messed up one of the larger cables... right at the beginning. :-/
It doesn't look too bad in this photo, but you can see the big cable on the right does not mirror the big cable on the left. :-/
Also my purl stitches are looser than I would like them to be. I changed to smaller stitch markers a few rows back which helped... but ugh.
I talked it over with both Hubba and Kristi and I tried on a few ideas...
(1) it will be in shoes and no one will see it anyway,
(2) it's my first cabled sock, so no one really cares if it's messed up,
(3) it's a design feature and
(4) I might just knit three socks.
I knit a few more rounds and the whole time I was thinking, the toe is wrong, the toe is wrong, the toe is wrong. It really started to bug me and I couldn't let it go. So I pulled it out and started over.
I meant to post the corrected sock at the same place as the photo above, but well, I'm a lot further than that now. :-)
Check that out... a real sock that fits my very own foot. :-D
This sock demanded my full attention when I was working on the gusset increases, especially at the beginning... keeping track of whether I was on an increase round or not and where I was in the cable pattern. It was a little challenging at first. Now I'm past the heel and about ready to cable until my heart is content.
There are several mistakes in this sock... even after the big rip-out, but they are smaller and less noticeable, so I have decided to leave them. I know the next sock will be better. :-)
That being said it was a little snug pulling over my heal. So I am planning to tink back a few rounds and switch to larger needles... as recommended in the pattern.
Happy Fiber Arts Friday. Be certain to check in with everyone over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder.