My goals have been simple and progressive with a specific endstate in mind.
- First to enter the corral.
- Then to help my husband with the chores.
- Feed the big boys by myself with my husband standing by in the corral.
- Enter the corral alone, with my husband standing by outside the corral.
- Do the chores by myself with my husband outside of the corral.
- Finally, do the chores entirely by myself.
This is significant. Since the marathon season is starting soon, my husband will be travelling more frequently. Which means I needed to reach the point where I felt comfortable doing the chores by myself, un-escorted.
I am very proud of myself and of our alpaca.
Our next major goal is to reach the point where I can halter and handle the alpaca prior to shearing toward the end of April.