Sunday, October 11, 2009

Progress

My friend Roci gently reminded me today that we've been in our house more than two weeks, therefore it's time to update my brain.

Both hubba and I have had the flu or something like it for the last couple of weeks, so the moving in has gone slowly.

The washer and dryer have been delivered and are working. They have space-age dashboards and ding like Mr. Rodger's Trolley. At first I thought it was kind of silly and could not help but smile, but now we've had it several days and the dinging is not nearly as cute.

I've learned it's possible to overload the washer. It will continue try to spin the water-logged load without giving an error message. It's not as quiet as the salesman said, but it's not loud either.

Two of three ramps are built.
The second needs to be screwed down and have the railing installed. The weather has delayed the completion of the second and third ramps, but it's very nice to have two in place and usable. Once the second is complete, we will paint the first two. The third will be outdoors, and mirror the existing deck.
We've found our winter clothes but still have much to unpack.

No comments: